Have dark marks on upper chest of body due to scratching. How to get rid of it?

hello, i have dark marks on upper right chest of my body.. those marks are result of me scratching . its been almost 9 years with those marks,,, plz suggest me some ideas to get rid of those marks
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Apply a mild steroid.Treat for ingrown hairs.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing here.Black spots seems to be due to post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

From the picture it can be seen that you have ingrown hairs on your chest.

This leads to irritation of skin,mild infection causing scratching.

Once the lesions are healed it leads to black spots.

It will be important to take care of ingrown hairs.

Laser treatments are available now days and they give excellent results.

For black spots you can apply a mild steroid like hydrocortisone .You can mix it with anti acne preparation like clindamycin gel.This will prevent formation of pimples and infection.Apply it two to three times daily.

Hope this will solve your query.If you have any concerns I will be happy to help you.Take care.
Follow-up: Have dark marks on upper chest of body due to scratching. How to get rid of it? 8 hours later
How effective is the laser therapy.. will i ve clear skin without any marks after the therapy.. if i ve to opt for it how much will it cost me and which hospital should i approach for it... the closest place for me is bangalore..
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 43 hours later
Brief Answer:
Laser is effective.Visit a dermatologist.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up.

Laser treatments will cause hair reduction and preventing inward growth of hair.

Once the problem for ingrown hair is reduced ,scratching and black spots will disappear.

Laser are available with most of the dermatologists in their set up. It is available in bang lore.

Charges and number of sittings will be decided by laser surgeon.Total cost will run around 10 to 15 thousand.(approximately).

Hope this will solve your query.Take care.