Have dark circles under eyes, puffiness. Treatment?

hi doctor this is XXXXXXX my age is 26 & im having dark circles under my eyes with big puffiness its almost 4 years im having this pls suggest some treatment for the same.
Posted Fri, 14 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 9 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Dark circles around the eyes can be due to several reasons including lack of sleep, nutritional deficiency, lack of exercise. The puffiness could also be due to this but it could also be due to taking insufficient water and too much salt ( like in pickle, papad, chutney etc)
The following measures should help:
a. Sleep for atleast 7-8 hours a day
b. Exercise daily for 30-40 minutes
c. Have plenty of fruits (particularly oranges, musambi, amla) and vegetables. Also, have a lot of water ( 3-4 litres) and avoid salty items like papad, chutney, pickle etc
d. You can apply Clearz ointment around your eyes at bedtime. This should considerably help.
e. Also, you can put used tea bags which have been cooled in the refrigerator for some time, on your eyes. Apply for 10-15 minutes. Instead of tea bags, you can also use cucumber slices or potato slices.
hope this helps
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Follow-up: Have dark circles under eyes, puffiness. Treatment? 2 hours later
what is your view on juvederm xc derma filler treatment planning to go for that & doctor pls tell what is the cost of derma filler treatment.
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 15 minutes later
The treatment would be recommended only after you have corrected the things mentioned above. Although the treatment is generally regarded as ok, its not a permanent solution and results of a single filler last only upto a year. also, it must be done by a qualified dermatologist who is experienced in the use of these fillers.
The cost will depend from centre to centre and you would need to enquire at the specific centre to find out.