Have dandruff, severe hair loss. What should I do to reduce hair fall and increase hair growth?

Hi doctor. I am 23 yrs old and i weigh 81 kg.My height is 165 cm. I have dandruff.If i wash my hair twice a week i wont be getting dandruff. But my hair loss is severe. What should i do for reducing hair fall and increase hair growth.Can it be cured without any chemical or allopathic medicines.
Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. R. P. Gupta 25 hours later

As is evident from your weight, you seem to be suffering from obesity which could be associated with insulin resistance and hyperandrogenism. This can be a cause of hair loss in your case in addition to dandruff. You should get yourself investigated for the same by an experienced endocrinologist. If your investigations indicate hyperandrogenism, you may need antiandrogens on advice of the endocrinologist. In addition to this you should modify your lifestyle (to lose weight) and diet (which should be XXXXXXX in proteins).

For dandruff, you should use an antidandruff shampoo like Nizral two to three times in a week.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have further enquiries

Dr. R.P. Gupta
Dermatologist & Laser surgeon,