Have dandruff and hair fall. Reason and solution?

Question
Hello Doctor,
I want to know the reason for dandruff & hair fall.
Regularly i take head bath and use shampoo (with conditioner) for my head cleaning. In case if i didn't take head bath for two days i get hitching in my head. Also i have hair fall problem atleast 5 to 10 hair will fall in a day.

I need permanent solution for both hair fall and dandruff.
Thanks
AAA
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Hair Loss

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later
Hi AAAA

Thanks for writing in.

Dandruff plays main role producing hair fall. Dandruff is caused by oily skin in combination with a fungus. It might be in families, due to stress, fatigue and weather extremes. Other causes of hair fall are hypothyroid, anemia, stress etc.

So find out that you are having any kind of these problems, if there, treat the cause.

For dandruff there are over the counter-medicated shampoos are available like Selenium, Ketaconazole.

Use this shampoo frequently, apply thoroughly, keep it for some time and then scrub for some time and then clean thoroughly.

Avoid stress. Take iron capsules and multivitamin supplements. Use branded hair oil containing vitamin A. Take frequent hair wash.

Hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask. I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Have dandruff and hair fall. Reason and solution? 51 minutes later
Thanks Doctor for your prompt reply.

I required two clarification from your above reply

I. Dandruff is caused by oily skin in combination with a fungus.

In your reply in one of the para you have mentioned to use branded oil which contains vitimin A. will it not cause again oil in skin? Please guide me.

II. Take iron capsules and multivitamin supplements.
Will it prevent dandruff & hair falling? If so

can you prescribe/ suggest any iron & multivitamin medicine?
For how long this medicine should continue?
Will this medicine have any side affect?

Thanks & Regards
AAAA

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 2 hours later
Hi AAAAA
Thanks for writing back.
I advised generalized treatment for hair fall as vitamin A is essential for hair nutrition.
In your case you may apply vitamin A containing hair oil but go for frequent hair wash.
Capsule iron and multivitamin supplement help in hair growing providing nourishment and glow of the hair.
They do not work for curing dandruff.
For dandruff I advised treatment separately.
For Iron its a prescription drug and you will need to see a physician for that.
For multivitamin supplement you may take Capsule Multivite-FM or capsule Revital, one daily for 2-3 months. This should be taken after food.
I hope I answered your query.
If you do not have further query or clarification, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Thanks.