Have dandruff. Wash hair every alternate day. Having itching on facial skin and earlobes. Cure?

I have dandruff in my hair. I wash it every alternate day using anti dandruff shampoo. Of late, I am having itching on my facial skin, earlobes and eyes.
It goes off when I use soaps and s shampoos for seborrheic dermatitis. It comes back if I stop. How can I get a permanent Cure ?

Thanks in advance
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 18 minutes later
As you correctly mentioned, you are suffering from seborrheic dermatitis.
This is characterised by excessive production of sebum by sebaceous glands which is broken down by bacteria and hence causes itching.
There are two modalities of treatment.
1. To wash off the excess sebum, which you do by using soaps and shampoos.
2. To reduce the production of sebum. This can be done by taking retinoid capsules.
These capsules can give you a prolonged relief, but are prescription drugs and you must XXXXXXX a dermatologist to get them.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Wishing you a good health.
Thank you