Have cysts, not painful. History of cyst in groin and precancerous cells in cervix. Scared

Question
Hey last year I had a cyst on my groin then they fouf some precancerous cells on my cervix had a cone biopsy and margins are clear and then had an infection then it went away now I have what feels like 2 more cysts on left and right side directly across from each other not painful or anything have ob appt XXXXXXX but need some relief that I know what it is cant go thru the feeling of being scared like that again
Posted Sat, 11 Aug 2012 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Hello
Good to hear from you.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.

The cysts on both the side of your groin may be a lymphnode swelling. It would had been better if you had given detailed history like are they painful, is there any discharge from your vagina, itching, any skin excoriation,or any infection around your vulva or vagina.

As any infection in vulva and vagina, skin and adnexal lesions around vulva may cause superficial lymph node enlargement.

As you say your cone biopsy showed clear margins need not worry about that.

I advice you for regular followup, As you have gynaec consultation tomorrow, any local lesions will be diagnosed and proper treatment will be started. So no need to be scared.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Have cysts, not painful. History of cyst in groin and precancerous cells in cervix. Scared 23 minutes later
No pain or anything of that nature no discharge just feel exactly like.other cysts like a pea that rolls around in my fingers

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 27 minutes later
Hello
Good to hear from you.

As you are saying these swelling are asymptomatic then it could be non specific lymphadenitis.

You can take a course of antibiotics, if the swelling doesnot subside, then you can discuss with your doctor regarding FNAC , which is a very simple OPD procedure where a needle is passed in different planes in your swelling and some diagnostic material is removed, it will help in definite diagnosis and treatment.

Wish you good health