Have cyst like painless knot on the back of head increasing in size and moves a little. Suggest?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
i have a hard cyst like knot on the back left side of my head which causes no pain but has gotten bigger over time. it is near the bottom of my skull and feels like it moves a little.
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most likely a sebaceous cyst.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
From your description this is most likely to be a sebaceous cyst. This is not a serious problem and may need no treatment at all. Sometimes they can get infected and require antibiotics and possible removal. If it got too big and was unsightly, this may be another reason for removal. Removal is usually be a minor surgical operation under local anesthetic.
If it is bothering you then I suggest you see your doctor to discuss removal.
I hope this helps you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,