Have cylindrical power with left eye -1 and right eye -3. Can I go for laser treatment?

Ophthalmologist
Question
Hi Doctor,

I have cylindrical power with left eye -1 and right eye -3 . Can i go for Laser treatment
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Such cylindrical power can always be taken care of by lasik by various modifications like sub epithelial keratectomy,where the deciding factor being the corneal thickness measured by pachymetery.
Since there are many modifications in lasik whereby there is a choice of coustamised lasik laser,which gives better results.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.

Follow-up: Have cylindrical power with left eye -1 and right eye -3. Can I go for laser treatment? 17 hours later
Thank you doctor. Is the LASIK surgery safe. Any side effects occurs

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
thanks for getting back to us.
Lasik is a FDA approved established surgery,being done for at least 2 decades.Primarily it is a machine based surgery,very little for tne surgeon to do,small steps for surgeon.
This has a approx.99% or more success ratewhich is stastically good.
All surgeries have a level of complication,no surgery is fool proof.
Post operatively drops are supposed to continue for about 6 months.
You have to choose a good surgeon and have a talk with the doctor.
get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.

Follow-up: Have cylindrical power with left eye -1 and right eye -3. Can I go for laser treatment? 2 minutes later
Thank you so much Sir. I m little bit scared of future after the operation.

Would you recommend any doctor in bangalore.

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 5 minutes later
Welcome back XXXXXXX
do not be in a hurry to choose the doctor.
Do some research,and shortlist 3 to 4 surgeons ten come to a conclusion after lot of deliberation.
There is a separate counceller attached to most establishments,talk to them in detail and come to a informed decision.