Have crusty skin lesions on back, arms and legs. Any cream or medicine to remove this?

I have some hereditary, crusty skin lesions mostly on my back. A doctor has said they aren't cancer and sometimes they dry up and fall off. Needless to say they are awful looking. I would like to know if there are any remedies that can remove them safely? Lotions or creams?Are there any vitamins that may prevent these lesions? They are different sizes and shapes and show up on my arms and legs too.
Posted Sat, 2 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the questions,
Its good cancer has been excluded. Th first advise would like to give is using vaseline to keep the skin always moist. This alone helps with most patients.
However, in case of failure, other options do exist depending on the shapes and nature of the lesions. Generally, oils or creams XXXXXXX in Vitamin A are usually helpful in moisturizing the skin and keeping it healthy. Some of them however need to be used with caution for most contain toxic steroids, which might instead bleach the skin, with adverse skin consequences, that can even go to causing precancerous lesions
at times. At would advise you to use a Vitamin A XXXXXXX lotion, void of steroids. You can consult your pharmacist to get any vitamin A XXXXXXX lotion which does not contain steroids. Added to that, keeping the skin moist with vaseline usually helps.
Persistence of symptoms however might warrant a consultation with a dermatologist.
Thanks and best regards, do not hesitate to ask further questions if need be,
Luchuo, MD.