Have crohn's disease. Take remicade. CRP and creatinine levels are high. What is causing the problem?

I have crohn's disease and am not feeling well. I take remicade and my creatinine is elevated and so is my CRP. Trying to determine if I am experiencing a flare from the chron's or if the remicade is causing my problem.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Inflammatory evidence

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the question. It is extremely rare for infliximab to cause kidney failure; however, when liver or kidney function is impaired, the dose should be adjusted appropriately. With such a potent biologic agent, your CRP levels, although non-specific, should be within normal limits, so if significantly elevated may mean disease activity and the need to touch base with your treating GI or rheumatology specialist.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN

Follow-up: Have crohn's disease. Take remicade. CRP and creatinine levels are high. What is causing the problem? 7 minutes later
This is very helpful. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Very welcome XXXXXXX

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD