Have crohns disease. Heard popping sound and warm sensation between shoulder blades. Any advice?

Following a meditation session I was rising from the floor when I felt what could be described as a pop and then a warm sensation between my shoulder blades it caused me to stop for a minute and then I carried on with the meditation and came home. I continued with life as normal but started to gradually feel tightness in my upper back and over the last two/three days the pain between my shoulder blades has increased but only intermittent pain it is not continual. Is it common for the pain to radiate to other muscle groups as occasionally my chest has an aching feeling at the same time as my back? I cannot take anti inflammatory medicine as I have Crohns disease and it plays havoc with my guts which are fine at the moment. Any advice gratefully received.
Thank you.
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 13 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Upper and middle back pain is not as common as low back pain or neck pain, because the bones in this area of the back don't flex or move as much as the bones in your lower back or neck. Instead, they work with the ribs to keep the back stable and help protect vital organs.
It might be due to overuse, muscle strain, or injury to the muscles, ligaments, and discs that support your spine. poor posture, pressure on the spinal nerves from certain problems, trauma, arthritis, myofascial pain that affects the connective tissue of a muscle or group of muscles. However, upper back pain is most often due to muscle irritation or joint problems and is usually not a cause for concern.
I think in your case it is due to muscle spasm you should be fine in 4 to 5 days.
Treatment includes -
1)Rest. If your back hurts a lot, take a break. But try not to let too much time pass before you get moving again. Instead, return to your activities slowly.
2)Use over-the-counter pain medicines. These can reduce pain and swelling as you don't want to go for oral medication you can try either gel or spray will help you.
3)Use a heating pad or ice pack. Heat can reduce pain and stiffness. Ice can help reduce pain and swelling.
4)Exercise. Exercises that stretch and strengthen the muscles in your back, shoulders, and stomach can help improve your posture, decrease your chance of injury, and reduce pain. You can see physiotherapist he will be good help to you.
5)Practice good posture. Be sure to stand or sit tall. Don't slump or slouch.
6)Learn ways to reduce stress. You might try XXXXXXX breathing and relaxation exercises or meditation, medication which you are presently practicing will be helpful.
I know the answer is quite long but have given all the information that might help you.
I advice you to see orthopedician only If it persists or the severity increases then it should be evaluated and cause should be traced. For diagnosing an X-ray and or MRI is useful.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.