Have cramps and clear liquid discharge, not pregnant. Is a clear watery discharge normal from the vagina?

Is a clear watery discharge normal from the vagina if not related to sex? I am about to get my period soon and have cramps, but this clear liquid has no smell and is somewhat a lot. I am not pregnant.
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 43 minutes later

Thank you for writing to XXXXXXX

Yes, clear watery discharge is normal, medically it is known as leucorrhoea. Usually it is not foul smelling, without itching and usually subsides with menstruation. This is not a sign for pregnancy. If you miss your periods get a pregnancy test done.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. if you like my answer kindly rate my answer and write a review as well.

Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile