Have cough and chest infection. Getting feeling and tired. What is the required treatment?

Allergist and Immunologist
I have had a cough for three weeks which resulted in a chest infection and very low peak flow readings.
I have had a week's steroid treatment and antibiotics also use of a nebuliser.
My peak flow reading is up but I have an annoying fluttering feeling when I breathe out approx below and to the side of my left breast (to the middle of my chest)
I feel very tired as well.
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Suman Kumar 27 minutes later
It would be better if you can post the direct question to me for your query.
Is it that you are looking for treatment to the problems? Do you want to know why are you tired and fluttering?
Fluttering is due to reflux and tiredness. This is in turn due to inhalation of medicines and antibiotics. You can take an antacid which is available over the counter. This should do the trick. Rest and proper hydration helps a lot. You just need some time. Meanwhile monitor the temperature.
If I were your doctor I recommend anti Leukotriene agent. You can ask your PCP about these which should bring on good recovery and reduce the frequency and severity of the attacks.
I would be looking for further queries from you.
Thank you.