Have cough. Diagnosed allergy problem. Prescribed Rablet, Montair LC, and DOLO. Suggestions?

ENT Specialist
I am male 27 years old. I have a cough since last 2 months, i have done CBC, Total IGE and Eonosophilic count test. Also had a chest xray. Based on the report it seems to be allergic problem.. . Cough has been suppressed but i am not been able to cure 100%, Cough is continuous if i go out from home or office. I don't have any fever or headache.
I have been taking following medicine since last 4 days
Rablet D (1-0-1)
Montair LC (1-0-0)
DOLO (1-0-1)
Azee 500 (1-0-0)
Bro Zedex
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. Your blood tests show a raised Absolute Eosinophil Count (AEC) which may lead to a perstent cough.

2. Request your doctor to prescribe a course of Diethylcarbamazine (Tab. Hetrazan) 100 mg thrice a day for a week and repeat the AEC thereafter.

3. You have mentioned that you do not seem to have any infection, fever or headache, however you are also on an antibiotic (Azee) and an antipyretic (Dolo).

4. If you do not have any symptoms of asthma, a wheeze or signs of bronchospasm, request your doctor to change the cough syrup form Bro Zedex (which contains bronchodilators) to a dry cough suppresent syrup such as plain Zedex, Ascoril-D, Solvin DC or Reswas.

5. If the cough subsides with this treatment, no further investigations are required. Avoid any exposure to tobacco and alcohol. Food should be bland and you may also use a medicated gargle such as Tantum.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.