Have coronary artery disease, suspected slipped disc. Why am I experiencing pins and needles on hand?

I was woken with severe pins and needles on my left hand and some arm pain at 3am this morning kept me awake until the early hours / I have coronary artery disease - at the moment I also have a suspected slipped disc - could this be causing the problem?
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Balaji Chinnasami 40 minutes later

Left sided pain in the back ground of coronary artery disease needs to be double vigilant.
I would request you to kindly visit the Emergency room at the earliest and be sure that nothing serious is happening.

Don't panic, it could be pressure symptoms like wrong positioning of limb while sleeping, also if the slip disc is in the neck region it could result in such manifestation. But still ruling out serious problems is more important.

Take care,

Dr. Balaji Chinnasami, MD