Ask a Urologist   »  

Have controlled diabetes. Noticed clotted blood in urine after intercourse. Worrisome

after intercourse, while trying to urinate, a blood in a clotted form with very some flakes of dried blood proceeded my urine stream. this has never happened before I am in good health Good B/P not over weight, diabetic with good sugar control. I exercise regularly
Could this be a benign situation since it only happened 3 days ago and no sex since the incident and no further discharges and a clear urine stream?
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 5 hours later
Welcome to the forum.
If i were to treat you, I will do a physical examination to check for any local problem in the penis.
If i do not find anything, i will do a urine analysis, urine culture ad ultrasound scan to check for stones, infection or a tumor mass.
Bleeding at this age should not be ignored and should be evaluated.
Best regards,