Have continues pain in hand wrist vein. Have shown to doctors but no relief. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
SIR I HAVE CONTINUES PAIN IN LEFT HAND WRIST VAIN ON TOP .I HAV SHOWN TO SO MANY DOCTORS BUT NO RELIFE. PLS GUIDE ME.
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be tendonitis. May need local steroids.

Detailed Answer:
The pain on the top of the wrist is likely to be due to tendonitis or injury in the area.
You need to give it some rest for a while, use hot fomentation twice a day and local ointment for pain relief. Avoid gripping and lifting objects altogether. Keep it in most comfortable position or use a splint/crepe bandage most of the time (including at night) for best results. Occupational changes such as too much use of keyboards and positioning should be changed.
Watch for worsening of symptoms like increase in pain, appearance of swelling and tingling numbness in fingers. If you get any of these, visit your orthopedician and get a check up done followed by investigations like X XXXXXXX or MRI.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.