Have contagious viral. Extreme fatigue, low energy, low blood levels. What could be the reason?

Hi. I have this contagious virus or bacteria and it spreads through hand shaking, any touching of the skin and surfaces. It causes extreme extreme fatigue and a puking sensation at all times and low low energy. I've been to the Dr. about 20 times and they can't seem to find out what it is. My blood levels are low, but still we cannot seem to put a name on it or treat it. Can you help? Thanks, XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later

If the organism is enough virulent that it spreads through touch, I would consider it cannot escape any recent days blood tests.Specially bacterias can be easily identified by culture.If you have not got the culture done then I would ask you to get a blood culture done this can rule out presence of highly virulent bacteria in your body.

The symptoms you have make me suspicious about it being either Viral infection or Psychosomatic illness.Virus causing such infections cannot be isolated or identified and has to be treated symptomatically.

I would suggest you to first visit a Psychiatrist and rule out the fact that problem is Psychosomatic , further the condition would be managed as viral infection if the blood culture for bacteria comes negative.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: Have contagious viral. Extreme fatigue, low energy, low blood levels. What could be the reason? 11 hours later
It is not psychosmatic. Can you list some viral contagious things that can be spread through handshaking, skin, surfaces. It's very real and really serious. I think I have endocarditis or myocrditis because my heart and chest and lungs hurt all the time as a result of this viral infection.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later
Hi again,

Thanks for writing back.

Viruses like
Influenza virus,
Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV)
Adeno viruses
Ebola virus etc can spread through contact.

The above different viruses cause different illness but most of them can end with only constitutional symptoms like fatigue , myalgia etc in some.

I would ask you to get a blood culture, if positive then gives clue into the suspicions like endocarditis.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please use any answer clarification before closing and rating this answer. I will be happy to explain or expand on any issue you may have.

Follow-up: Have contagious viral. Extreme fatigue, low energy, low blood levels. What could be the reason? 7 hours later
What is adeno virus and norovirus, is there any treatment of antibiotics for these?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 38 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

Adenovirus is a family of viruses comprising 57 different types in humans, which are responsible for 5–10% of upper respiratory infections in children, and many infections in adults as well.Also there viruses can cause prodromal fevers involving increased fatigue , joint and muscle pain illeness.

Norovirus is a virus which is implicated in viral gastroenteritis and is seen in outbreaks of foodborne gastroenteritis.This virus is transmitted by fecally contaminated food or water and by person-to-person contact.

Both Adenoviruses and Norovirus do not have any specific antiviral drugs for the treatment.Treatment mainly involves management symptomatically.Though adeno virus is said to be sensitive to some antivirals like ribavirin, ganciclovir, and vidarabine, successful results have not been achieved.

Wish you good health.