Have constipation and rapid heart beat. Relief after taking bayer crystal aspirin. Safe remedy?

I awoke with my heart beating 115 beats per minute. I dissolved a powdered Bayer crystal aspirin under my tongue and my heart is now beating 81 beats per minute. I am very constipated. What shall I do now? It happened two days ago, too, and I got good enough for my heart rate to return to normal so I went back to bed.
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You should see a cardiologist as soon as possible.
At this age, you need to be investigated for Coronary Artery Disease.
EKG / ECHOcardiogram / LABORATORY tests like cardiac markers – are all necessary for proper assessment and assistance

Straining (constipation) increases pressure inside the chest cavity. It can precipitate irregular beats or failure in borderline problems.
The rate might have come down by itself - not necessarily from aspirin. Aspirin helps to prevent platelet adhesion and clotting.

Take regular laxative - like lactulose.
See your doctor

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck