Have constipation and gas followed by loose motion, blood in stools, no appetite. Had hemorrhoids and liver problem

Apr 2014

I am about 35, female. Have been suffering from constipation and gas from past couple of weeks.After few days of constipation, loose motion would occur.There is presence of mucous and traces of blood in stool in the mornings. There is discomfort in the lower right side of back and right hip region. There's no appetite. LMP was on 16th Sep 2013, ususal.
Three years back had a case of hemorrhoids and was treated for liver problem (which was the cause of hemorrhoids) and was cured. Had jaundice as child. Liver is enlarged as told by my gynae when she operated me for C-section (Dec 09). Usually have a tendency of nausea and vomiting since childhood.
Very worried and stressed. Please guide.
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Iirritable bowel syndrome

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

You probably are suffering from condition called as irritable bowel syndrome. Besides this other conditions must be ruled out by proper clinical examination and investigations.
You need few investigations like routine hemogram,LFT,Stool test(routine and culture),ultrasound of abdomen and upper GI endoscopy. Further investigations can be done if needed.

Irritable bowel syndrome is disease associated with large intestine and exact etiology is not known.
There is no specific treatment of this disease. It can be controlled by altering diet pattern,psychological therapy and medicines.

You should take plenty of fibres in your diet in the form of salad etc.
If you have lactose intolerance you should restrict it.
Laxative and antispasmodic can be used.
Low dose tricyclic antidepressants are also useful.
You should do regular exercise and try to reduce stress in your life.
You can take tablet pantoprazole 40 mg once daily before food for one month for gas.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care