Have constipation, abdominal pain, bloating and sore breast. Negative for pregnancy. Pregnant?

Infertility Specialist
Question
Hello, I am 26 yrs old. i had sex on 21st of august...thats like more than 7 months ago. i had my periods in all the months but as usual they were very irregular..like 10-15 days late and sometimes 2-3 days late. my problem is that my breasts is sore and i feel my belly is bloating. also i am having constipation and lower abdominal pain. The main thing worrying me is the breathing in my stomach area above the navel and below the rib cage. i can actually see the movement like its exhaling and inhaling. i did urine test at home on the 2nd and 3rd month. and again twice in the 7th month. Also yesterday i went to a doctor asking for a blood test to be sure but she rather did a Hb test for blood and urine test for pregnancy. The result was negative, she prescribed medicines for abdominal pain. but i am still worried. feel my stomach ia s little bloated .Can i be pregnant?? please please help me..
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Constipation

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 44 minutes later

Thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) It is unlikely for you to be pregnant. You would have known by now if you were pregnant by all these test.

2) It is nothing major and likely to be gastritis. The pain could also be due to constipation and inability to pass stool. The bowel ( intestine) movements generally lead to such problems during constipation.

3) take antacid medicines available over the counter twice a day 30 minutes before food.

4) Drink lot of water and eat high fibre vegetable and fruits with skin which will clear costipation. If not take a laxative once only.

5) By relieving of constipation, I guess you should feel comfortable and pain will come down.

Let me know if you have any more doubts.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Have constipation, abdominal pain, bloating and sore breast. Negative for pregnancy. Pregnant? 9 minutes later
Thank you so much. But i wanted to get ablood test done for pregnancy..just to ease my mind. I still dont understand why the doctor did only urine test. she prescribed me Nimesulide mouth dissolving tablets, Clotas 0.5 and Meftal-SPAS. I am taking these from yesterday. I am worried particularly because of my sore breasts and the continuous 'breathing' in my belly..and also the fluttery feelings in the abdomen.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later

Urine test can detect the pregnancy in many cases. Hence your doctor did it.
Nimesulide to treat the pain you have in abdomen. The other tablets are also for reducing the pain. Dont worry about sore breasts as it will come down soon along with pain abdomen .

I hope I answered your concerns.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Have constipation, abdominal pain, bloating and sore breast. Negative for pregnancy. Pregnant? 6 hours later
Thank you Dr. I waana know a little more about the pulse/ breath in my belly area. Its worrying me.. Its like something inside is exhaling and inhaling.I am also having vaginal discharge..whitish. I think thats a really more then normal.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 45 minutes later
Hi, breathing sensation you described is also due to constipation and gastritis. It will slowly come down when constipation is relieved. White discharge is generally due to fungal infection which can be treated by the anti-fungal medications prescribed by your doctor. Donot worry. You are perfectly healthy and absolutely normal. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol