Have constant strong blood pumping sensation in legs. Had quadruple heart by-pass. What could be the cause?

I have a constant strong blood pumping sensation in both legs in time with my heart. This is very uncomfortable, prevents normal rest and makes it difficult to get to sleep. Driving me mad, hope you have an answer. Two years ago I had a quadruple heart bi-pass.
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Perception of your heartbeat through blood vessels Detailed Answer: Hello, I thoroughly reviewed your case. What I note is you are experiencing blood pulses in your lower limbs. For this problem, you are experiencing discomfort. This is commonly due to atherosclerotic arteries, that is normally due to hypertension and many other factors like age, arteries get narrowed by thicker artery wall. Therefore, it may come in contact with the superficial nerves causing you the above mentioned symptoms Even any tumors arising from blood vessels will cause throbbing and pulsatile sensation, so even this cause cannot be excluded. You may need to undergo certain investigations after consulting your doctor such as 1. Carotid Doppler scan 2. Limb arterial and venous Doppler 3. Microalbumin and creatinine ratio estimation 4. High sensitive CRP estimation Post heart surgery patients will always be advised to take statins and antiplatelet drugs. So no need to worry. Neuroprotective agents such as methylcobalamine and alpha lipoic acids will also help. Hope this information is helpful. Thanks