Have constant phlegm and ears feel mucusy. Remedy?

I can see my heartbeat in the base of my neck. at the very bottom along with this i have constant phleghm. one dr said my ears very mucusy.
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lung disease is the cause

Detailed Answer:

Consolidation in the lung tissue due to the long standing infection you have could lead to circulation changes. Such circulation changes can present with pulses in the upper part of the body specially neck to become visible.

Once the lung infection is completely cured the pulsation will disappear.

Do get an X XXXXXXX of the chest done and also get the sputum examined, based on the results you may have to be placed on antibiotics to cure the lung infection. Do consult a Internist or a Pulmonologist for the same.

Hope, I answered your query.