Have constant pain where my vertebrata meets hip. Report said degenerative disc desiccation with maintenance of the intervertebral disc

I have constant pain where my s vertabrea meets hip but it shifts from left to right side and nerve pain goes down corresponding side..this is my mri result the doctor said i have to schedule a appointment and it will be two weeks before he can give me my reading..but i got a copy of the medical jargon..L1-L2 unremarkable....L2-L3 degenerative disc desiccation with maintenance of the intervertebral disc base height. There is a small intraoperative no herniation compatible with a tiny schmorls node. No focal disc herniation. minimal posterior arthropathy of the facet joints without significant foraminal encroachment..there is no central stenosis..L3-L4 no significant disc disease.the central spinal canal and neuroforamina are present.L4-L5 Degenerative disc desiccation with maintenance of the intervertebral disc space height. A concentric broad-based bulge is superimposed on bilateral posterior facet joint hypertrophy leading to bilateral mild neuroforaminal narrowing. No significant central stenosis. the exiting and traversing nerve roots appear unaffected. L5-S1 minimal concentric bulging of the disc without central stenosis or foraminal narrowing. Impression mild multilevel degenerative disc disease in the lumbosacral spine finding are most pronounced at L4-L5 where a concentric broad based bulge is superimposed on mild bilateral posterior facet hypertrophy leading to bilateral mild foraminal encroachment and no contact with the exiting or traversing nerve roots..I am military so it is safe to assume its a watered down diagnosis..but what does this mean and what are my options i have been to 4 months of therapy and it only agitates it more..
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 1 hour later
Thanks for the query

You have provided detailed history and reports however all these findings written on the report can be simply defined in few words That is having you are having lumbago which means your spinal cord is compressed within the vertebral column that causes the symptoms however there is no stenosis which means the problem can be covered with medications and not at the stage of surgery

If you still have some query, feel free to ask