Have constant lightheaded. All test normal. Suggest?

I am constant lightheaded... what can it be when all tests are normal?
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query

Light headedness is a symptom which has several causes but since you are saying all tests are normal and I assume you have done routine blood tests to rule out anemia and EKG to rule out cardiac causes for light headedness.
The differential diagnosis narrows down to a few differential diagnoses

1. Dehydration
2. Thyroid dysfunction
3. Ear infection
4. Anxiety/ stress

I advice you to do the following

1. Approach an ENT specialist if not already done to rule out an inner ear infection
2. Get a thyroid function test if not already done
3. If you are feeling stressed or anxious tablets like beta blockers help to reduce symptoms, please approach a physician for the same
4. Always keep yourself hydrated with plenty of water, upto 6 glasses of water per day

I hope I was of help, please get back to me if you have any further queries

Follow-up: Have constant lightheaded. All test normal. Suggest? 1 hour later
My rbc was 9.6 and WBC was 4.85.. Am I anemic? The lightheadedness wakes me up sometime.. So scared it can be something fatal? I feel like limpy at times with lightheadedness like my hands go numb then I panic and my whole body including my head goes numb. Pls help!
Oh my ent blames lightheadedness on TMJ when I don't have no TMJ pain.

I have hashimoto thyroditis but take no mess since levels are within normal eange
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
detailed below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query

Here is what I suggest you to do.

1.To know whether or not you are anemic I need to know your HB (haemoglobin), Anemia cant be decided on RBC count or WBC count. Please get back to me with the HB report

2.Please approach a Cardiologist for Holter monitoring. It is basically small machine, as small as a battery pack which will be attached to your chest for 24 hours, it will record your EKG pattern all the time, if you can note down when exactly the episode of light headedness attacks happens, the doctor can go back to see if you are having any change in the pattern of the EKG. Most likely it is the rhythmic changes in the heart that is causing your problems

I dont think your light headedness has anything to do with TMJ. You could take a second opinion from another ENT specialist

I hope I was of help, sorry for the short delay in my reply I got busy at the hospital