Have constant goose bumps, sweating and insomnia. Detoxed from hydrocodon. Why are there still physical symptoms?

I have constant goose bumps, sweating and insomnia. I detoxed from hydrocodon for the fourth time about six weeks ago and I am still feeling the the physical symptoms. Is this normal?
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 5 hours later

Hydrocodon withdrawal symptoms like insomnia, diarrhea, nausea, sweating and goose bumps can occur anywhere from few days to few weeks. But it is unusual in you to be seen beyond six weeks after detoxification. These can be so uncomfortable that people start taking the drug again in order to get relief from withdrawal symptoms.

So I personally feel drugs like aplrazolam or Etizolam can reduce you anxiety and insomnia. So I request you to XXXXXXX your general practitioner or psychiatrist and get started on the above medications to reduce the severity of the symptoms and prevent you from taking the drug again.

I am sorry you are dealing with this frustrating concern and I hope you can find yourself in better health soon with the help of your Psychiatrist.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Neurologist & Epileptologist