Have constant flatulence. How to treat this?

I have constant escaping gas/flatulence..I do not "feel" any pressure-it just comes out and I (and anyone around me) smells it!!
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Prasad 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Try simethicone tablets.... Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand you are dealing with an embarrassing concern. But if you have no associated abdominal discomfort and are able to pass stool normally, then it is unlikely to be serious concern. Before you deal this issue, I would first urge to confirm your thyroid status (if it hasn't been checked for awhile now) and treat it appropriately. If thyroid hormones are in limits, you can try combination of diet + exercise and pills to take care of this issue. 1. Diet - Drink plenty of fluids and include lots of fibre rich diet in your daily food. Restrict high protein/calorie diet. 2. Exercise - help yourself with every day exercise. At least 20 minutes of brisk walking/early morning exercise is must to solve any digestion problems. 3. Medications - You can try simethicone tablets. They are available over the counter as chewable tablets. Imogas / Gas X are two of the commercially available simethicone tablets. I suggest my patients to use two pills a day for 2-3 weeks. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards