Have cold, stomach ache, joint pain, reflux and burning pain in chest. How to get relief?

I was unwell yesterday went to loo a lot and was sick yesterday evening after feeling queezy all day. Had a bad night felt cold, churns in stomach, pains in joints and reflux as if I was going to be sick again. This morning I have severe burning cramps in my chest and upper back and it makes it worse to eat.
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

The symptoms are in keeping with gastroenteritis. This is associated with diarrhoea, nausea, abdominal discomfort and burning discomfort. The burning is occuring because the stomach is irritated/inflammed.
Some persons may also experience fever and general malaise.

The most important aspect is fluid management. You need to take at least a sip of fluid each time you have a soft stool or vomit. Do not take a lot at one time because since the stomach is irritated, it may provoke vomiting. No more than a table spoon.The best liquids to use would oral rehydration fluids or gatorade (diluted by half).

Avoid solid food at least for today, to give your stomach and intestinal lining a chance to repair itself.
You can use a yogurt with probiotics, the probiotics in the yogurt will help repair the intestine and speed up healing.
There are anti emetics (anti vomiting) medication available over the counter that will help with the nausea and reflux medication will help with the burning discomfort till the infection resolves.

If the symptoms decrease in intensity by this evening you can try using dry foods tomorrow morning.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions