Have cold problem, how to treat this?

ENT Specialist
Question
i have cold problem, it is affecting me whole year, how to reduce it
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 45 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. A year round cold is due to Perennial Allergic Rhinitis.

2. There may be a non-specific allergy associated with this. Do you have any headaches due to sinusitis?

3. Get a ansal examination done and ask your doctor to start a two week trial with an anti-histamine, anti-leukotriene, a steroid nasal spray and regular steam inhalation.

4. There is no cure for allergy, however it may be controlled by avoidance, medication and desensitization.

5. Another important issue is Rhinitis Medicamentosa. This results from long term use of decongestant nasal drops such as Otrivin. The above mentioned treatment may help you in this condition too.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.

Follow-up: Have cold problem, how to treat this? 5 hours later
If you have any idea about any doctor in bangalore who is ent specialist then plz reply me because i had already gone for the treatment and doctor asked me for operation. so, kindly reply for the same.

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 19 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. You should take a trial of medication and a plain CT PNS (Para Nasal Sinuses) Scan before any nasal surgery is planned. If this medication is effective, surgery may be avoided.

2. Newer techniques such as Radio-frequency, Coablation or Balloon Sinuplasty may be an option in your case.

3. You may contact:
a. Prof Dr. H. Vijayendra
b. Dr. Kumaresh Krishnamoorty
c. Dr. XXXXXXX N. Dutt
d. Dr. S. XXXXXXX
e. Dr. A. Mahadeviah

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.