Have cold, headache. Taken Cold Clear and Dyclam. Have I taken an overdose?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am having cold and mild headache, took COLD CLEAR (COLDACT) 2 capsules by error instead of 1 by pharmist information, also took Dyclam 1 capulse, all after food. Is COLD CLEAR 2 capusule consumption over dose? after 30 mintues I feel OK with slight nasal clearing, any precaution to be taken, please advice.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 34 minutes later
Consumption of two capsules of cold clear instead of one by mistake does not amount to the overdose of the drug. It is not likely to have any adverse effect on you except for an increased tendency of sleepiness.
Please do not worry. You need to be careful next time and do not take any more doses for next 12 hours.
Please be careful next time and avoid self medication to prevent any such untoward happenings.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Have cold, headache. Taken Cold Clear and Dyclam. Have I taken an overdose? 16 minutes later
Thanks Doctor for valid advice, I refered few websites sayin over dose can affect liver and needs stomach clearing - as I am HB-B carrier (not feel any time ill on liver account) is there any special care on medicines for common cold,fever,antibiotics.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Being a hepatitis B carrier you need to be more careful in taking medicines that do affect liver function considerably like cholesterol lowering drugs, anti tubercular medicines, etc.
Do not take too many medicines at the same time.
Try to avoid fatty and spicy food.
Drink plenty of fluids while taking medicines.
The medicines for cold and fever are comparatively safe. You can take them as per the recommended dose.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.