Have cold during pregnancy. Have dust allergy, asthma. Taken Sinarest and Allercet without relief. Suggest better medicine

May 2013
My wife is pregnant since 10 weeks and having high cold. She is allergic to household dust and asthmatic. Doctor advised earlier for such cold, sinarest allercet dc, which she is taking but not much effective. can pl suggest the better medicine for cold during going on pregnancy. Also pl suggest a safe pain killer which can be taken as per need for muscle pain during pregnancy.
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 11 hours later
She can continue the medicines prescribed by your doctor as those are having less sedative action.
If the cold stil persists she can follow measures like:
-Steam inhalation. Either with plain water or by adding vicks or sinarest vapocaps etc. into the water.
-Avoiding exposure to allergens by wearing mask when needed etc.
-Check for the possibility of any infection and if needed let her take one course of antibiotics.
-Using household remedies like taking warm water, tea, honey in tea, fruits like berrys XXXXXXX in Vitamin C.
-Breathing exercises like pranayama etc. can give relief.
She take paracetamol as pain killer which is safe during pregnancy.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with my answer please give review.