Have cold, cough. X-ray showed mild reticular haze in bilateral lung fields. Is this serious? Diet plan?

My chest x-ray PA viewsreported Mild reticular haze in bilateral lung fields. Left CP angles appears rounded pleural thickening. Others like Hila,Domes of diaphragm,bony ribs are normal.
Is it a serious matter /is it and my Ascites is curable.
.I would like to mentioned here that since my child hood days I am a Chronic patient of cough and cold. I do not smoke or consume alcohol etc.
What should be proper diet for Ascites patients like me. Should I eat non-veg items like Eggs and fresh water Fishes of Small sizes to compensate Protein requirement of the body.Though I am a non vegetarianism but I've stopped consuming these items now a days.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 10 hours later

Your ascites is related to the fact that you have a shrunken and coarse liver.
This is not a reversible condition under most circumstances.
However with medication and with diet control, the ascites can be kept under control under the supervision of your gastroenterologist.

The diet control is mainly restriction of salt, you do not need to control protein intake in the body.

The x-ray findings are probably related to the ascites or may be because of chronic cough that you have suffered.

As of now you don't need to do any special intervention for that as they seem to be chronic changes.