Have cold and wet cough. Could I take Wikoryl and Roxid M?

I have cold and wet cough for the last few days. Can I take Wikoryl + Roxid M + Vizylac
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cough and cold are due to virus

Detailed Answer:

Most often cough and cold occur due to virus and there is no medicine to kill virus that causes cough. Only symptomatic treatment for few days will do.

In my opinion you can take Wikoryl and Vizylac. I do not suggest Roxid M which is an antibiotic to kill bacteria. You may not need it now. I suggest it only after 10 days after the onset of cough.

However avoid cold food, drink 3 litres of water per day, rest and nutritious diet will all do.