Have coil fitted and using tampon. Started getting brown clots. What is causing this?

i have a coil in for over nine months and have left in a tampon for over six days and for the past
three months i have a small amount of brown blood and brown clots
do you think it as because of the tampon and not the coil
Posted Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later
The mild brownish intermittent spotting that you are having can be due to coil or the infection caused by a tampoon. Both the possibilities are there. In case the spotting is associated with a foul smelling yellowish discharge then vaginal infection is more likely.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.