Have cluster of small bumps on side of toe. Getting stomach ache, headache and sore throat. Could it be flu?

General Surgeon
I have a cluster of small bumps on the side of my toe beside my big toe. I think I had the flu since Sunday. 1st night stomach hurt and headache. 2nd and 3rd night headache and stomach ache and fever. 4th day sore throat and chills no more headache no more stomach problems. 5th day throat still hurts and swollen. I also got a pedicure on 4th day. Could it be from my flu or from pedicure?
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rajat Gupta 53 minutes later

I think the bumps at toe should be because of pedicure. It is common to have some kind of skin infection after pedicure.

You also seem to be suffering from symptoms seem to be on declining stage right now.

For the bumps on toe, I would like to know few things:

Does it pain or itch?
Are they red? Does it have any discharge?

You can send me a picture of the toe lesion, so that I can guide you better.

Meanwhile, apply an antibiotic ointment on them like mupirocin cream.

Awaiting your reply

Dr. Rajat Gupta
Follow-up: Have cluster of small bumps on side of toe. Getting stomach ache, headache and sore throat. Could it be flu? 53 minutes later
I have applied an antibiotic band aide I will have to get that ointment tomorrow. They hurt and do not itch. How do I upload a pic? They do not have a discharge I poked it with a needle thinking it was a blister but when I took a better look it reminds me of a cold sore but not that many bumps n I don't think they are red.
Answered by Dr. Rajat Gupta 44 minutes later
You have an option to upload a picture/report on this page (below the page) which you can use. Alternatively you can mail the picture to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as ATTN:Dr. Rajat Gupta.

Meanwhile you start this treatment tomorrow and hopefully the bums will heal.

Wishing you a speedy recovery

Dr. Rajat Gupta