Have cluster of reddish bumps on perineum which are itchy and painful. What could this be?

I have a cluster of reddish bumps on my perineum that are extremely itchy and painful! I always get them during my menstrual cycle accompanied with low blood pressure. However, this month I have gotten the same reddish bumps but my cycle is not on and I have had low blood pressure. What could this be? I've only been with one sex partner my entire life.
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Some possible diagnoses

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for consulting us.
During menstruation, a woman is more prone to infections, so, it could be a form of local infection arising from skin glands or hair follicles.
Second possibility is any sexually transmitted disease like herpes, which has a tendency to recur during periods.
Thirdly, it could be perineal endometriosis.
Best way to sort this out is to plan a Gynecologist visit during your periods. The doctor will examine you & may take some sample from the affected area to confirm the diagnosis & to recommend you any treatment.
Some women may have low blood pressure during periods if they bleed excessively or if the cycles are painful. Both these problems need investigation & treatment by a Gynecologist. Otherwise, just concentrate on taking a good nutritious diet during your periods to avoid fatigue.
Number one cause of delayed periods in a sexually active women is pregnancy. So, better rule this out by taking a pregnancy test.
Hope I have given you some helpful clues.
Wish you good health.