Have cloudy urine and intermittent lower back pain. Is it due to high blood calcium level?
User rating for this question
I have had a high blood calcium level for three years and had to go to the ER for dehydration (my doctor did not addressed the issue until I asked last month). My urine is light colored and cloudy. I've had intermittent lower back pain on one side and been very thirsty recently. My first question is what kind of damage has been done to my body because of it? And what lifestyle changes should I make to fix it?
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: It could bedue urinary stone. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have pain in lower back and cloudy urine since very recently. You have been taking antidepressants and anti hypertensive medications. I would state that your symptoms are not due to side effects of these drugs. The pain and cloudy urine could be due to UTI associated with presence of stone either in kidney or ureter Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical evaluation and get following basic tests done to come to conclusion. 1) Urine routine and Urine culture. 2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen to rule out presence of stone. In the mean while start taking broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urinary antispasmodic like Flavoxate and urine akaliser thrice daily. Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Further treatment will depend upon results of these tests and final diagnosis, Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
People also viewed
- Urethra inflammation increases after urination white depositions on penis norflox
- Blood pressure 163 80
- Excess intake of liquids frequent urination too much thirst
- Blood pressure 163 over 90
- What causes lower back pain and blood in urine
- Blood pressure 16199 pulse 62
- Back pain blood in urine
- 163 over 91 blood pressure
- Microalbumin high lower back pain frequent urination
- Low calcium levels and back pain
- Blood pressure 163 over 95
- Frequent painful urination previous prostate operation
- Frequent urination recurrent cough blood test report normal
- Lower back pain blood urine
- Pain in ovaries during urination