Ask a Urologist   »  

Have clear, oderless discharge while urinating. Colonoscope and pelvic CT negative. What to do?

I have a clear, oderless discharge when I urinate. colonoscope negative. Pelvic CT negative. 63 years old. Slightly enlarged prostate. Fulness in my rectum especially when I sit long periods.
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 17 minutes later
The discharge from urinary passage needs to be investigated.
It may be urinary tract infection or amorphous phosphaturia.
It may be excessive prostatic secretions.
So get a Urine complete examination and culture and sensitivity testing done.
You should review to local urologist with the reports and also urge him to start some urethral and prostate relaxing medicines so that residual urine in bladder can be reduced and chances of urinary tract infection can be decreased.
The fullness in rectum in presence of normal colonoscopy means irritation arising from enlarged prostate or a congestion related to residual urine in bladder.
I hope that answers your query.
Follow-up: Have clear, oderless discharge while urinating. Colonoscope and pelvic CT negative. What to do? 36 minutes later
I'm sorry. I meant to say rectal discharge. Slippery anus. No bladder infection found. Rapiflow helps with urination but not rectal moisture.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 55 minutes later
Rectal discharge can be due to some inflammation locally, or it may be just your body trait.
You should get stool examination.
The amebiasis and parasitic infections are also a frequent cause.
I would suggest an additional course of ciprofloxacin and metronidazole followed by albendazole the dose/duration your physician would know.
I hope this advise will be helpful for you.