Have clear, itchy bumps on arms and legs. Clear liquid discharge. Due to menopause?

I have small clear itchy bumps, not in clusters, on my arms and legs, lower arm & leg...when I itch the bump, the top comes off, clear liquid comes out and then there is a type of 'hole', w/edge around it, it scabs then gets deeper it seems. Scars, takes for ever to heal and I don't know what is causing this. Looks terrible, embarassing.
Can menopause cause, nerves, my husband just became an amputee and I work full time...stress? seems like hairs are growing under skin and seems like not same amt of hair on arms.
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 7 hours later

Your symptoms could be due to folliculitis caused by infection of hair follicles. Dry skin resulting in itching may also be the cause. A picture of the affected area can be helpful to identify the cause.

Try to apply emollient cream for dry skin. In addition topical antiseptic treatment such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment can be adequate.

Use antiseptic soap for bathing purpose.
You can use pinch of lemon juice or few neem leafs in bathing water, as it has antiseptic action.
Maintain good hygiene

Adequate stress management by yoga is very helpful.

Hope I have answered your query, feel free to ask your queries,
Wish you a good health.