Ask a Urologist   »  

Have cleaned penis with a shower lotion and the skin above the testicle became hard and rough.Suggest?

dear doctor
before yesterday I clean my penis with a shower lotion and today the skin above the testicle became hard and rough

is there any medicines I should take
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 25 minutes later

Thanks for choosing health care magic.

I have gone through your problem in detail and I can understand your concerns.

The washing substance that you have used was either very strong or it has caused some local allergic reaction. First step is to stop using the substance and not to use it anytime in future.

Keep the area clean and dry and apply calamine lotion over the area. It may take 6-7 days for the lesion to settle down. Beware if you develop cracks or the area becomes red. In that case there could be a bacterial infection and in that case you should show it to a dermatologist who can advice you some antibiotics.

Hope I am able to help you with your concerns. Let me know if you need additional information.

Dr. Srikanth Reddy