Have clavicle pain when taking deep breath. Having shoulder pain when moving arm. Suggest?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
hello i have right side clavical pain when i take a deep breath, i also have right shoulder pain which hurts when i move my arm and center chest pain and left upper back pain which is tender to touch.

Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pain that you have described is muscular in nature

Detailed Answer:

The pains that you have described are likely to be due to a muscular pain.

First do not use the muscle and put it to adequate rest.

Some general tips from my side -
- A good massage daily twice a day and then hot fomentation.
- But do hot fomentation after the application of massage, also take anti-inflammatory ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day after meals.
- Regular stretching exercise will be helpful.
- Application of local analgesic gel on the area will relieve the spasm.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and informative and I will be glad to answer any further query.
Follow-up: Have clavicle pain when taking deep breath. Having shoulder pain when moving arm. Suggest? 13 hours later
thanks for your reply, i will try what you said.I have noticed today when i move my shoulder it is popping or clicking still painful to move my arm away from body.Strange that this pain came suddenly out of no where.

Thanks again
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to tendinitis.

Detailed Answer:

Sorry for late reply.

Popping or clicking shoulder and still painful to move arm away from body could be due to tendinitis. I suggest you to give some rest and avoid doing any activity that increases the pain.

Hope this discussion was useful. Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service.

Wishing you good health... Take care