Have chronic sinusitis. Getting green discharge, fatigue and chills. Proper diagnosis and cure?

OK. Here we go again. I have chronic sinunitis. In the past 13 years I have had three surgeries and one revisiion. It is my frontal sinuses that I believe is causing the grief. My ct scan stated I had minimal mucousal thickening L side, front sinus. Why on God's green earth do I not feel good. I have green drainage. I mean, really green drainage, chills, and fatigue. I actually take caffeine pills so I don't fall asleep at my desk. What the hell is wrong with me? Is it scar tissue? I don't smoke. I guit several years ago but remain with the same sinus problems. I have had 60% of my sinus membranes removed and that was no picnic. I just want to feel better. My sister has stage iv pancreatic ca and I need to help her. I can't do that with this fatigue and migraines. I also had the sinuplasty done. Can you help or am I making this all up and nothing is wrong with me?
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 45 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

I agree with you that chronic sinusitis is a big pain !!

The current green discharge, fatigue, chills indicate fresh infection (likely pseudomonal).

I would advise you to get thoroughly evaluated with a physical exam by an ENT expert, a hemogram, gram stain and culture of the secretions (sometimes endoscopically collected), Xray of the sinus.

You will need a course of anti-pseudomonal antibiotics and then according to the culture-sensitivity report.

Since it is a chronic problem, resistant bugs may be considered.

Symptomatically, you may take ibuprofen or acetaminophen (OTC) 3 times a day for pain, fever, chills.
Some people need surgical curettage of the sinuses and culture. if there is any meatal obstruction, may need surgical drainage.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Please ask for any clarifications before closing and rating this query.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck! Thank you!!
Follow-up: Have chronic sinusitis. Getting green discharge, fatigue and chills. Proper diagnosis and cure? 16 hours later
Thank you very much.
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 4 hours later
Thanks. I hope my advice was useful !!
Get well soon.