Have chronic sinus infection and experiencing periodic chest pain. Will sinus surgery relieve my symptoms?

Hello, i am a 27 yr. old male with a bad chronic sinus infection that ive had for years. In the past six months or so ive had periodic chest pain, shortness of breath and other scary symptoms... The chest pain usually comes when im stressed, laying down or even when im sitting and my back is firmly pushed against something. It is getting very noticable when laying down, even when laying on either side or front or back. The pain is pressure in nature but then seems to change to a jolting type pain that sometimes accompanied leg, neck, arm pain which leads me to get out of bed or at least change positions. I also feel as if my blood pressure is changing during these episodes and sometimes feel noticibly fatigued when i awake for the first couple hours. I really feel as if my chest is bloated and when pressure is applied, then something happens. I have also had episodes in the past couple years from my upper sinus congestion where i awake to shortness of breath, chest pain and a fluttering heart as well as feeling very fatigued. Im pretty certain that this has basically been a form of obstructive apnea the last 4 or 5 years.... Any ways, i have talked to a cardiologist who preformed an ekg and a stress test which i both passed. The sympoms are still very evident and are obviously troublesome. I am thinking about pushing for additional tests or just waiting to see if the sinus surgery i have next week somehow relieves these symptoms.... Thank you in advance for your help/thoughts. XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Chronic sinus infection cause of chest pain... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I have read your medical history carefully, and I noticed that you have already done a consultation with cardiologist and passed cardiac tests. That's fine. So, all your symptoms are being caused by the chronic sinus infection and problems you are facing. It is good that you appointed the sinus surgery for the next week. I strongly believe that surgery will relieve all your symptoms. I hope you will have success in the surgery. Dr.Benard p.s. if you have more inquiries, do not hesitate to contact me again. I'd be happy to help you again.
Follow-up: Have chronic sinus infection and experiencing periodic chest pain. Will sinus surgery relieve my symptoms? 24 minutes later
So, you don't feel getting an angiogram would be beneficial? Also, Some of the chest bloating seems to lessen after inhaling steam during the day... Thank You,, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Chest bloating lessened after inhaling steam... Detailed Answer: Hi again XXXXXXX As you are saying, the chest bloating seems to lessen after inhaling steam during the day. This means that your upper respiratory airways are inflamed. If ECG and stress test resulted normal, I do not see any reason to run angiogram unless you have other health issues being unreported. Wish you health! Dr.Benard P.s. feel free to ask me other questions you might have!