Have chronic shoulder and neck pain. Suggest cure without any side effect?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have chronic neck pain and shoulder pain, is it curable by physiotherapy or without any side effects/ high dosage medicines?
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 54 minutes later

I am Dr XXXXXXX Gandhi, I am orthopaedic surgeon and spine specialist.
I have studied your case.

This kind of pain may be due to compression of nerve due to spinal disc bulge.
Nerve compression leads radiating pain,with tingling and numbness which is aggravated in particular position. You need to consult orthopedic surgeon for clinical examination.

Till that time take tab methylcobalamine 1500mcg once daily and painkiller when required

You may need to take X XXXXXXX spine, and MRI spine to look for nerve compression.

Shoulder pain can be due to degenerative changes, or frozen shoulder
Yes physiotherapy with some medication will give you pain relief.

Follow-up: Have chronic shoulder and neck pain. Suggest cure without any side effect? 15 hours later
Thanks Doctor,
I have consulted neuro-surgeon and took X-ray in the back neck area;
They told no risk, just asked to use neck-collar. I have followed it; but no use of it.

Again, I have consulted other neuro, he told it might be RA (arthirities) like morning stiiffness, for that I took few tablets for a month - there is no pain like that for a month - again it is started.

If I take any massage then I am getting relaxed for the day, but again it will start after 1 or 2 days. Is there any permanent solution for this?
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 12 minutes later

I think you need MRI spine to look for nerve compression and other features to explain the pain.

In the mean time you may take physiotherapy -Ultrasonic therapy,auto traction, short wave diathermy daily for 2weeks and see your response.

Hope this is clear. Let me know if you need clarifications.