Have chronic radiculapathy. Having itching. Does the report show mucous retention cyst or poly in my maxillary?

ENT Specialist
Please see attached MRI images. Is this a mucous retention cyst or poly in my maxillary?
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. Though it is difficult to comment on single images of a single MRI Scan sequence, I would say that it looks like a small polyp in the left maxillary sinus.

2. Such small polyps are found incidentally on many scans. If there are no symptoms, these are inconsequential and no treatment is required.

3. The dark area next to the cerebellum on the left may be a large asymmetrical CSF space.

4. The 'crack' may just be a normal blood vessel traversing the skull.

5. The areas marked in the skull are most probably normal areas of excess fat in the marrow spaces or suture areas.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.