Have chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Lymph nodes have become large and painful. Suggestion?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have CLL and over the last two months the sub mandibular lymph nodes have become large and painful, additionally fatigue is debilitating. It has been stable for 13 years and I have not had recent infections. Not sure what territory I am heading into. Mt Dental Surgeon confirms teeth and gums are healthy
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 19 minutes later
If there are no infections detected in the head and neck region the the spread of CLL is likely. An FNAC of the swollen lymph nodes will help in proper diagnosis.
Since the nodes are painful also, you can right now get a suitable pain killer and antibiotic prescribed from your physician and see if the swellings subside. Dong a hot fomentation in the area will also help in providing relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Have chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Lymph nodes have become large and painful. Suggestion? 9 minutes later
Spread of the CLL indicates that the lymphocytes are being strained from the blood stream and accumulating in the lymph nodes, my spleen and liver are also enlarged. Does this indicate a possibility of some form of treatment.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
For CLL that is spreading, usually chemotherapy is given to restrict the spread. A detailed evaluation from your oncologist will help in deciding the best line of treatment for you.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.