Have chronic kidney disease and chronic pain due to osteoarthritis. Take prescribed medication and on Coumadin. Suggest?

Jul 2016

Okay, I have chronic kidney disease, but my pain is also chronic due to osteoarthritis and my life is absolutely miserable. I take a prescribed medication for pain, but try to live on half the dosage. I also have a pacemaker and am on Coumadin. Will Aleve thin my blood further? Thanks
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 38 minutes later
You have chronic kidney disease and have been taking Coumadin (Warfarin) as an anticoagulant .You have been also taking Aleve (Naproxen) which is a Osteoarthritis.

Since Naproxen is Nephrotoxic drug and you having chronic kidney disease have to take it very carefully under the guidance of your physician.

As regards use of Aleve along with Coumadin there is no evidence of drug inter action between Coumadin and Naproxen .It will not thin out your blood further.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you