Have chronic kidney disease. Is it good to have papaya?

Is papaya good for the kidney, and how so? My doctor said that my kidney is functioning at 40%. I am 65 years old. Do you think I need a transplant in the future? I will appreciate your answer, and thanks
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later
Kidney functioning at 40% comes under stage 3 chronic kidney disease which includes moderately reduced kidney function. (With or without a known kidney disease). Although chronic kidney failure has no cure. Treatment consists of measures to help control signs and symptoms of chronic kidney failure, reduce complications, and slow the progress of the disease. These include drugs to reduce blood pressure, cholesterol levels, anemia, swelling and drugs to protect your bones.

Stage 3 kidney disease tends to get gradually worse over months or years but only a small number of people with CKD progress to end-stage kidney failure (stage 5 CKD) that requires kidney dialysis or kidney transplant.

Regarding papaya, it is good for the kidneys. Other foods include asparagus, cucumbers, garlic, papaya, parsley, celery, and XXXXXXX beans.

Hope this answers your query.

If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.