Have chronic inflammation. Having several bad discs in back and neck. Used ibuprofen. Help?

I have had cronic inflammation for years, I see a pain doctor because I have several bad discs in my neck and lower back...I have tried many times to explain to doctors that I have stiffness and pain all over after almost every activity. Rescently I was having a problem with my wrist, my doctor gave me a wristband to wear, and told me to take 800 mg. of ibuprofen three times a day for a mo. I have not felt this good in a long time...I can get to sleep without my neck giving me grief, and I just all around feel better ,getting good sleep, and not constantly hurting all over! HELP, I know that I cannot continue to take ibuprofen!!!
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try Codeine with Paracetamol. Take fibre XXXXXXX diet

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

Most common alternative for like Ibuprofen for pain is Codeine.
Codeine is a stronger painkiller that is often taken in combination with paracetamol.

Since you have constipation. You have to take high fiber XXXXXXX vegetables and fruits.
If still there is a constipation, you can try laxatives like Bisacodyl occasionally.

Other drugs commonly used are
Muscle relaxants like diazepam to relax your muscles in leg, arm and back.
Steroids are given to reduce the inflammation. It can be injected into your spinal area locally to help reduce inflammation.

1. Drink plenty of water
2. Eat healthy vegetables and fruits with XXXXXXX in fiber.
3. Consult a Physiotherapist for exercise
4. Walking and other aerobic activities help in relieving pain.
5. Try relaxation techniques like Yoga and meditation.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.