Have chronic dry cough, slimy thick saliva, bone pain, cramps on side, drowsiness. Done blood test. Help

Chronic cough for the last 6 years. Cough is dry but after cough i get slimy thick saliva. Bones pain. Often getting cramps on the side of ribs and beneath the breast. Fatigue, drowsiness, dizziness, nausea . Sugar is high, RED BLOOD CELL COUNT = 3.44 mil/μL, HEMOGLOBIN 9.4 g/dL, HEMATOCRIT 30.1, ESR 60, C-REACTIVE PROTEIN 13.9. Taking glycomet 500 thrice, thronorm and pan 40 empty stomach. thyroid normal . if not taking pan 40 , nausea increases feel worst.
Posted Fri, 7 Sep 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 3 hours later

A well placed query!

I saw your reports and problems.

You seem to be having anaemia, hypothyroid state and diabetes under treatment.

High ESR with -ve RA factor, cANCA, pANCA rule out connective disorders, rheumatoid arthritis to some extent.

Chronic cough with high ESR, anaemia in India should arouse suspicion of tuberculosis (TB).

Was an X-ray chest done, as well as ECG, renal and liver function tests? They are not in the reports attached.

You must get a urine routine, X-ray chest PA view, HbA1C and RFT, LFTs, ECG, sputum exam for gram and ZN stain.

Your symptoms can be due to a variety of causes, you need detailed evaluation under expert advice.

Also see a good pulmonologist or a physician for evaluation of chronic cough soon.
Do you get feverish? Enlarged lymph nodes anywhere (swellings)?
Was there any blood in sputum?
Are any more tests done?

Please post all this information and any better description.
I would be glad to revert with more advice accordingly.

Take care and please keep me posted on your progress.

Good luck!